Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Facebook stalker & gay marriage, Pt. III

So you've read the first two posts about this stalker of mine. Here is her response to my message.

Tina, the Sweden example was one given by the AFA, which is why I mentioned it. They made that statement about 4 or 5 years ago, so I'm not completely out of it. Also, I do not think Massachusetts is the only place where gay marriage is legal: my friend Julie Wimberly from Judson(only there in my freshman year, so you wouldn't know her) I think said that her gay uncle got married in NOLA. Key West probably allows it too. And you didn't even say anything about the animals issue, when that has been mentioned in ADVERTISING - the SAME advertising as the ones that show gay lovers!
I don't think I'm the only one being stubborn here; you seem determined to not change your mind on your stance of this issue either. And by the way, you also seem very set on making gay marriage LEGAL, whereas when I suggested both to you and in a note I wrote about homosexuality - AND then sent you some more info about it - that we should be PRAYING THAT GOD WILL FREE THESE PEOPLE FROM THEIR HOMOSEXUALITY OR BISEXUALITY - you still seemed to be against any ideas or opinions I have. God can do anything. If gays are REALLY unhappy about their sexual orientation and CANNOT choose, then why don't they ask God to free them? And why do people like you and me not pray for them as well, asking God to free them from this bondage? I must confess that I have not yet prayed about this, but even when I mention this to you, you seem dead set against it.
Oh, and maybe I should add that multiple tests and research are not always true. I'm sure you remember the ever-infamous case of Terri Schiavo. Well, tons of tests were performed on her that said she would never recover; she was in a permanent vegetative state. The courts were siding with her husband about killing her, despite the fact that he didn't say anything about HER wishes until about 10(?) years after she supposedly became a vegetable, and by this time he was engaged to someone else and had at least two children by this woman. Well, finally they did kill her, and a year or two ago AFA made a movie WITH HER CHILDHOOD FAMILY IN IT, saying that they had been told she could have probably recovered with some therapy or something. The movie was called "The Terri Schiavo Story". There is also a 28-minute video about homosexuality that the AFA promotes now and then called "It's Not Gay". I've never ordered it, but, according to them, it has mental health professionals and former homosexuals talking about homosexuality and explaining that "the sanitized version of homosexuality being taught in schools in not the whole truth".
Another thing: I kind of suspected you would have something to say about my saying that gay marriage could open the door for more serious things. So, I'm prepared. This is not the first time I have seen such a question asked. A while back I was watching the news or something and it was being considered than any movies showing cigarette smoking should be rated "R" because they all too often make it look glamorous and it was believed that that was making young people start smoking. The guy doing the broadcast asked another guy "What next? What about more potato chips?(leading to increased obesity)" I don't remember what the answer was, but this story has a similar parallel. The only (possible) difference is that I really don't know for sure whether homosexuality is a choice or not, but even then, if it is not, Matthew 19:26 still applies: "With God all things are possible." If we pray that God will free them from their homosexuality, he CAN and likely WILL do it. All it takes is faith and sincerity. But in spite of my having said all this, since I also have said this to you over and over again and you also keep finding more information to supposedly "support" your view that homosexual marriage should be legalized, I'm assuming you're not listening to me either. I am not trying to speak to you from an arrogant perspective, but present a Biblical and loving perspective toward this issue. *Sigh* We're guilty of the same things, and equally stubborn. Well, I might raise my white flag, but I'm not sure yet. Maybe a little later.

No comments: