Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Facebook stalker & Gay marriage, Pt. IV

Here's the last communication between me and my stalker- until she responds.

I look at information over and over and constantly analyze the newest, proven research. More and more research is saying that sexual orientation is something physiological and biological- not a choice. Now, if research comes out and and scientists/medical professionals, etc have conducted RELIABLE and VALID (external & internal) research- that can be reproduced (which is really just external valididty)- that turns over the evidence of orientation being physiological/biological, then I will reconsider my position. Honestly, I'm still not sure I would change my opinion on same-sex marriage simply because we protect other groups' rights and freedoms, even when that group's beliefs/opinions are choices. Example: religion. Religious beliefs are very much a choice, yet we protect their rights. We protect the rights of atheists even thought they have fought to take prayer out of school, which Christians such as yourself blame for the destruction of this country. I do not see you out fighting and protesting to take away their right to live out a non-belief they've chosen to follow.
Let's go back to the Sweden thing. How can you continue to listen to the AFA on something if their information is completely wrong? If they've been saying something about Sweden and gay marriage for 4 or 5 years, then they've been fabricating some information. Same-sex marriage did not become legal in Sweden until May 2009- less than a year ago. So how can something that has only been in place for 9 months have caused something 4 or 5 years ago?
New Orleans does not legally allow same-sex marriage. What likely happened with your friends is that her uncle had a "commitment ceremony." A commitment ceremony is not a legal union like a marriage. If I wanted I could have a commitment ceremony tomorrow with another woman here in Alabama. The same with Key West. Marriage is on the state level. Look it up. Only 5 states in the U.S. allow same-sex marriage: New Hampshire, Connecticut, Vermont, Iowa, Massachusetts; Washington D.C. voted recently to allow same-sex marriage. Any same-sex marriage outside any of these states or districts is not really a legal marriage.

As for the Terry Shiavo... where were these reports of this possible therapy when the issue was being decided? Was this therapy proven? That's the thing. Scientists, social scientists, etc., all look for things that are proven.

I'm not quiet sure I understand where you're going with the story of the banning smoking from movies and such.

The American Medical Association
The American Psychiatric Association
The American Psychological Association
The American Academy of Pediatrics
The National Association of Social Workers

All professional organizations that support research and we trust enough to decide what medical procedures work and others that are too risky or organizations that have a significant amount of resources into research on topics like this.
These organizations all say that homosexuality is not something that should try to be cured or changed. Research has proven that attempts to change a person's sexuality are actually harmful.

I believe in the power of God. But let's suppose that God maybe actually created someone gay. Why is that not possible to you? I've talked with people that wanted nothing more to be straight and prayed and prayed but it never changed. I liken it to someone that is black praying and praying to be white. People used to use the Bible to say that being black was inferior and blacks should be slaves. Or that blacks and whites couldn't marry.

Yes, I continue to find more information because more and more information is coming out that continues to point to sexual orientation NOT being a choice and that same-sex marriage have no effects on society.

Yes, you continue to find information, but most of your information is from one source- AFA. This is the same group that you said was making statements about same-sex marriage in Sweden 4 or 5 years ago. According to your first message to me, gays do not really want to marry because they would have been marrying all these years in Sweden. And I said earlier, same-sex marriage has only been legal in Sweden for about 9 months. When things like that happen, I have to question the validity of what this organization is saying. And AFA is in no way unbias in this issue. They make tons of money off hurting people and families that want to help their loved ones- so does James Dobson and Pat Robertson and others. None of these organizations that I listed above make money off saying that sexual orientation is not a choice and same-sex marriages do not affect society or straight marriages.

And I'm not sure I really understand what you said about animals. If you're trying to say that allowing same-sex couples to marry would cause people to want to marry animals..... Honestly, that argument and arguments about pedophilia absolutely disgust me. Just being honest. let's just suppose it's me that wants to marry another woman. There is a difference between me marrying another woman that is a legal, consenting adult and me marrying an animal that: 1) is not a person. 2) has no legal standing b/c not aperson. 3) b/c no legal standing can sign legally-binding contract (which is what a marriage license is).
And there's a different between me marrying a legal, consenting adult and me wanting to marry a child that is not a legal adult and cannot sign a legally binding contract. (A person cannot even get their own bank account in state of Alabama until their 19- the age a person becomes an "adult" in this state).

No comments: